Gravesites Of Tasmania

Tasmanian War Casualties  Campbell Street GaolInteresting Areas  Church History  Maps & Burials  Our Family  Visitor Contributions  Contacts   sponsors 

 
 

 

If you could spare a few dollars to help with the running costs of this website would be very much appreciated.

Thank you from Gravesites of Tasmania.

St Bartholomews Apsley

In 1910 Russell and Harriet Ibbott donated land on “Strathbarton”  on which to build a church and consecrate a cemetery.  

The money for the building was raised by public subscriptions and various fundraising activities including the ”Queen Carnivals”  

The Church, dedicated to St. Bartholomew was opened by Archdeacon Beresford on the 24th. August 1910.  

Several memorial windows and endowments were made by families including an "altar cover" given by the Webb family in honour of their parents Edwin and Florence (nee Gregory) Webb.  

Both Edwin, Florence and other members of the Webb family are buried here,

 

Headstones in this cemetery were photographed Monday 5th July 2004
B

I

M

W

Brown Katherine Isabel Ibbott Charlotte Matthews Joan T Webb Edwin John
Brown Thomas Douglas Ibbott George William Matthews John T Webb Florence Ann
  Ibbott Stephen Mears   Webb Gwenyth Estelle
      Webb Keith Conrad
       
      Webb Keith Conrad
     

 

hidden hit counter

 

 

Please note that there might be information from other websites or brochures "reprinted" here- under the laws of "fair use". In every instance -we hope- we have provided a direct link to the owners web site. We do not claim rights or ownership to any of their information. We do thank them sincerely for their efforts. We have in every instance made a good faith effort to contact and request 'reprint' permission. Nonetheless, we do want to be certain that nothing gets lost due to web site disappearance and the like, so it appears duplicated here.

Gravesites Of Tasmania, Honouring the past, building understanding.

Copyright © 2011 Graves of TasmaniaGravesites Of Tasmania