Plenty St John Evangelist Anglican
Built on land
amounting to 2 roods donated by George Frederick Read on the 16th
July 1849 the church was built at a cost of 320 pounds.
the church took place in 1852.
The Read family is remembered through the stained glass windows in the church even though the family found their last resting place elsewhere.
There are 17 Unknown Headstones in this cemetery
Thankyou to Carol for correcting us on the Johnston Family we had them as the Brock Family.
Please note that there might be information from other websites or brochures "reprinted" here- under the laws of "fair use". In every instance -we hope- we have provided a direct link to the owners web site. We do not claim rights or ownership to any of their information. We do thank them sincerely for their efforts. We have in every instance made a good faith effort to contact and request 'reprint' permission. Nonetheless, we do want to be certain that nothing gets lost due to web site disappearance and the like, so it appears duplicated here.
Gravesites Of Tasmania, Honouring the past, building understanding.
Copyright © 2011 Graves of Tasmania