The foundation stone for
By 1883 it was thought the original
building was unsafe and a Mr. C. Quinn was contracted to build a new church.
The adjoining cemetery shows the name
of many of the earliest settlers in the area many of the names are still known
in the area today.
Many of our Kent, Featherstone, Wiggins and associated families are buried in this churchyard.
There are 17 Unknown graves
Thank you to the following people for their valuable information
Please note that there might be information from other websites or brochures "reprinted" here- under the laws of "fair use". In every instance -we hope- we have provided a direct link to the owners web site. We do not claim rights or ownership to any of their information. We do thank them sincerely for their efforts. We have in every instance made a good faith effort to contact and request 'reprint' permission. Nonetheless, we do want to be certain that nothing gets lost due to web site disappearanceand the like, so it appears duplicated here.
Gravesites Of Tasmania, Honouring the past, building understanding.
Copyright © 2023 Graves of Tasmania